Futures Live Trading Workshop - 2 Days of Live Trading and 1 day of Crypto Training
Learn The Best Possible Way: Through the Live Trading Experience!
This course is the perfect add-on to the three-day Futures Trading Systems Workshop.
What to Expect:
The Futures Trading Workshop is a virtual classroom training course that teaches all about trading futures markets and the specifics for three trading systems. This Futures Live Trading Workshop is the hands-on training where you apply and execute the Futures systems you just learned.
Gabriel will discuss and demonstrate trading the three systems in different timeframes and in different futures contracts. The Live Trading course is an in-the-market learning experience where students have a master coach by their side and are able to apply the trading concepts in the real world — in real-time. In effect, this is an extension of Gabriel’s teaching as many ideas and concepts of the systems, as well as the scanning & trading process, can best be explained and taught in practice. Watch, listen and learn as Gabriel shares with you the exact steps he takes to prepare for the trading day, find opportunities, and deploy his specific systems during the trading day.
This “real-life” course is an important follow-on learning experience in several regards. Gabriel is a rule-based discretionary trader—the type of trader that Dr. Tharp has found to be the most successful (click here to read the article). Discretion does not mean doing whatever you feel like at the moment. Instead, Tharp Think principles describe discretion as a means to use rules in a disciplined and logical manner complemented by experience and intuition. For trading a system with discretionary rules, there are conditions and parameters for the discretion.
The process of mastering discretion is iterative and reinforces Van Tharp's trading concepts and tools. You will see, understand, and apply this Tharp Think Principle as well as others as part of the course. Whether you consider yourself a trader or an investor, a full-time professional, or a part-time trader, Futures markets offer ample flexibility to fit your preferred style. One of the goals of the two-day workshop is “generating positive R-multiples” but more importantly, you will take home a full array of “AHA!” moments and learning experiences that will help you execute much more effectively when you are back home. These live trading days will give you the opportunity to accelerate your progress to “unconscious competence” for trading your new systems. Once achieved, flawless execution and consistent profitability become reality.
- Wednesday, September 22nd
- Thursday, September 23rd
- Friday, October 8th - Crypto Day
Times: 9:00 am ET - approximately 5:00 pm ET. End time will vary depending on the progression of each day. Allow extra time each day. Click here to see what time it's airing where you are!
Recordings: Recordings of each class will be posted the next day and available for review for 4 weeks following the air date.
- Mental trading preparation process (meditation, mental rehearsal, etc.)
- Analysis of the Futures markets of Equity Indexes, Metals, Energies, Interest Rates, and others such as Bitcoin. For each of those a number of different timeframes are scanned (5min, 15min, 1h, 4h, Daily, Weekly & Monthly charts)
- Elaboration of a trading plan with trade opportunities on various timeframes
- Screening process and tools that Gabriel uses to detect opportunities
- Execution of the trading systems in the live markets (from stalking via entry to exit)
- Documentation of the trades by using a Trading Journal and a list of R-multiples
- Daily debrief at the end of the day (incl. lessons learned for the next day)
Gabriel’s systems are based on visual chart pattern recognition. As such, train your eyes with an experienced coach in the room will enable you to detect trade opportunities. You will apply the rule-set to identify the different setups and entry signals. You will also perform entries and exits in the live markets.
Based on how the markets open and react on the morning of the first day, you will craft your weekly and daily trading plan by applying Gabriel’s three Futures systems. You will trade your own platform with your own money (“paper trading” recommended), all under the guidance of Gabriel who will offer thorough direction and individualized feedback. Gabriel will monitor the markets, analyze charts, and execute trades on the big screen in the front of the workshop room.
At the workshop, traders are invited to share their observations and collaborate with others in the room. The group will prepare their daily & weekly trading plans with Gabriel’s guidance and then call out their observations and trade opportunities during the live markets. Often, pairs or smaller groups of traders form, which better enables mutual learning. At the end of the day, the trade results and lessons learned are shared amongst the entire group.
Bonus Crypto Training! Structure of the Day:
- This day is very practical providing an introduction into the world of Cryptocurrencies
- You will learn various ways of trading Cryptocurrencies (currently only Bitcoin is available as a Future, but others are about to come up).
- Learn to find ways around to trade in the “Cryptospace” and this might mean trading other vehicles than Futures to participate in the Crypto market.
Note, that apart from Bitcoin there are more than 2000 Altcoins that can be traded, though Gabriel recommends sticking with the Top100 (in terms of market capitalization)
- Learn which Software best to use for chart analysis
- Understand how you can trade Cryptos and be aware of the risk involved in this unregulated decentralized market.
- See how his first 2 systems (S1 Gecko & S2 Turtle) can be traded in the Cryptomarket. Both the setup rules—entry, as well as exits, need to be adapted.
Gabriel has a great passion for trading Cryptocurrencies (mainly Long). He has put together a very clearly structured presentation that allows you to learn all you need to know to start trading Cryptos in a safe & professional way.
Just recently Bitcoin broke an important resistance level and a new exponential leg up might just have started. We should see again great opportunities with Crypto-trading in the next couple of years.
- See, understand & apply the systems with their specific patterns and indicator setup,
- Become familiar with the complete daily trading process from preparation, through execution and to the debrief,
- Learn appropriate Position Sizing strategies and risk control methods,
- Use of an elaborate exit algorithm that applies for all kinds of markets,
- Record trades in a trading journal and why a trade log offers an edge,
- Learn about additional tools and techniques you can use at home to get a faster start.
Over the years, we have repeatedly had workshop students who have been unable to attend the Live Trading class but come back in the following year just to sit in on this workshop. Gabriel has observed that those who attend the Live Trading course have a higher probability of follow-through trading the systems at home successfully. Why? Because, through their own personal experience, they know that the systems work and they know exactly what to do day-to-day. Through the Live Trading Workshop, they also learned how to apply the rule-set and then use the psychological dynamics of the patterns. Gabriel’s guidance has helped them implement the systems in a faster, easier, and more profitable way.
Note to novice traders: Gabriel highly recommends this Live Trading workshop as well for novice traders so you can jumpstart your trading activity — not just your knowledge about trading. If you want to learn from a renowned master and improve your trading, enroll now.
What To Bring to the Workshop:
- Please bring a laptop computer (PC or Mac) to the workshop. In Futures Live you will use your laptop to practice trading the systems taught in the workshop.
- Once you have registered, VTI will send you an email with further instructions on how to prepare for the workshop.
- You must first attend the three-day Futures Trading Systems workshop to attend this live trading portion, however, some people choose to attend the three-day workshop first and come back another time for Futures Live.
Article: Developing Trader Competence
Come to the live trading session. If you are not convinced the live trading is right for you by the end of the first day, you can ask for a full refund before the start of day 2.
|Workshops By Month||September, October|
|Workshops By Location||Live-Streaming|
The Van Tharp Institute totally guarantees that you will be delighted with this workshop. In fact, we will take all of the risks ourselves. If you are not satisfied after the first day of the workshop, you may request a full refund before the start of day two.