Blueprint for Trading Success
Out of stock
12 WEEKS • 2 HOUR SESSIONS • ONE DAY PER WEEK
OVER THE COURSE OF THREE MONTHS
Dr. Tharp and RJ Hixson both have years of experience teaching this workshop in person. Now they have devised the plan for streaming this workshop that will be a perfect fit for the objectives of this workshop. See more on this below. But in short, you benefit greatly from this structure!
Through his modeling work with top traders, Dr. Van Tharp has discovered the blueprint for trading success that will ensure consistent prosperity as a trader.
Now you can benefit from his experience and expertise as you learn the precise steps that you should take.
Session has concluded. Stay tuned for future dates.
Dr. Tharp's Investment Psychology Inventory Profile! $100 value. During this workshop, you'll get both the results from Dr. Tharp's famous profile analysis and an additional profile compilation which is only offered during the Blueprint for Trading Success workshop.
About This Course:
This course is a complete structured program that will launch you to a more advanced skill level in your trading.
You’ll learn strategic, focused steps that will serve you throughout your entire trading career.
"Overall, it’s a course that offers an immense amount of information about what most would consider the unattractive part of trading, yet it is the most critical to successful trading." — Chad Wagner
During this intensive, hands-on course, you will learn 17 clear and concise tasks to master that will take your trading from ho-hum to visionary. You will leave with a thorough checklist of action steps to guide you to a higher level of performance.
At the end of this workshop, you’ll see how all of Van Tharp ’s strategic trading concepts fit into one seamless design for more predictable trading results. Your trading will never be the same.
This course illustrates the relationships among the steps so that the process is logical and reasonable. Moreover, we will show you how to take each step experientially, so you really get it. Dr. Tharp is an expert in developing elicitation questions to bring forth each person’s most important issues. These are the techniques your instructor will use in the powerful workshop.
"This is the best conference I have ever attended. This is the hardest conference I have ever attended. I had to ask myself some of the most difficult questions I've asked in a long time...Van is not just a great trading coach, he is a great person. You are a breath of fresh air in an industry full of hucksters." — S.W., Rancho Mirage, CA
"The course far exceeded my expectation and threw up ideas which had just not existed on the mental horizon. Apart from being a better trader, this course will make me a happier and more complete human being. A stupendous course." — Satyendra Kumar, India
Key Concepts You'll Explore:
- You need to assess your beliefs about trading, and about yourself.
- Nobody actually trades the market. Instead, you only trade your beliefs about the market. At first, this is a difficult concept to grasp. But if you begin to jot down some of your beliefs about trading using “I am,” “I feel,” “I experience myself as,” statements, you will see what I mean. Your beliefs about trading guide your trading results. It is easy to get to a certain point in this type of exercise and get stuck.
- In this workshop, you will be guided through the exploration of your belief system about trading. You’ll be amazed at the results.
“The BluePrint for Trading Success is a fantastic course! An incredibly comprehensive plan to take anyone willing to apply the steps taught to the level of a master trader. In fact, so much material is covered it would have been overwhelming if not for the open approachableness of Van and Melita to answer any and all questions. I feel like I’ve just been placed in the fast lane to market success! This seminar is very much worth the investment.” — Peter Swanson, Lufkin, TX
Knowing Your Objectives:
Objectives set the roadmap for the entire system development process.
System experts know that understanding your objectives thoroughly is half the battle in developing a system, but most people have never taken the time to consider their objectives.
Your objective is your goal, your target—what you want your system to accomplish.
How would one know how to get someplace if they didn’t know where they were going first? There are endless configurations of objectives. The point is you need to know specifically what it is that you are trying to attain; only then can you develop a successful, profit-driven plan of action.
In this workshop, you will work through questions to help you determine exactly what you want out of your trading system.
Some of those questions include:
- What percent would you like to increase your account by each year?
- What percentage drawdown are you willing to tolerate?
- What kind of statistics will you collect on a regular basis to monitor your trading progress?
You Will Receive 25 Specific Statistics to Get You Started!
“This course clarified for me how to get my business plan done, and actually enjoy doing it.”— Paul, MD
"The workshop was excellent and did a very effective job of showing how to develop a business plan for trading. The balance between business planning, developing trading strategies, and working on myself was just right."— Mark McDowell
Know Your Key Ingredient:
We’ve found that most traders and investors are missing one key ingredient in their objectives—and that’s the ingredient that will make them financially free.
For example, at a recent workshop, Dr. Tharp was told of a trader who made a 1000% return in one year. But that trader was missing this critical ingredient. And it’s probably the difference between whether or not all of that profit will be put to good use or lost in future trading. At this new workshop, we’ll tell you this key ingredient and teach you how to include it as part of your objectives.
“The course was very worthwhile for me. I find that the broad summary of the overall process of developing skills allowed me to put things in a better perspective. I have a much better idea of which areas I need to put the most emphasis and work on. I also found the interaction with the other participants invaluable.”— Craig Herdman, Phoenix, AZ, Past Attendee
Which Markets Will Perform Well in the Next 5 Years?
Successful traders know how to access the big picture of what the market is doing overall. As part of your blueprint, you’ll learn Dr. Tharp’s interpretation of the big picture and how to determine the big picture for yourself. This is a very important skill, and if you really take the time to do it, it is probably worth the price of the workshop all by itself.
Your business plan will need to include three strategies that are compatible with the big picture. Although there are thousands of systems out there, there are not many types of strategies. Learn the essence of the key strategies that you could use, the general picture of how they work, and how you can adapt them for yourself.
We hear from our students that they know business planning is important, but in some cases, they don’t even know what a trading business plan should look like. You’ll leave this workshop knowing what to strive for and with a template in hand to follow as you progress.
“Prior to coming to this workshop, I had come to a realization in trading that I needed help structuring a business plan, knowing how to approach and measure strategy development and how to deal with personal traits that reoccur and are not beneficial to me and trading. These expectations were met and exceeded.
Two things I found particularly valuable
1) How personal beliefs translate into market beliefs all the way to the specifics of each particular strategy.
2) The structure of materials and workbook is laid out to take home and continue with the work easily.”
— Jim Sterk, Lynden, WA
Personal Edges Set You Apart From the Crowd.
Having an edge in the markets isn’t just a slight advantage; it could be the pivotal difference in your success. So it’s very important to list your edges in your business plan and to be able to capitalize on them. Learn the key edges that almost any investor has over market makers or institutional investors. Or if you are a CTA, hedge fund, or portfolio manager, learn your specific key edges.
Eight Critical Areas of Contingency Planning:
Learn the 8 critical areas of contingency planning.
In this workshop, we will share mistakes that other traders have faced so that you can find out how to generate an extensive worst-case contingency plan. You’ll learn strategies of how to deal with each disaster so that they minimize the effect on your trading business. Learn the key areas around which your worst-case contingency plan should revolve and get a good start on creating them at this workshop.
This process could take you six months if you did it by yourself!
However, one of my super traders did the hard work for you and is willing to share the essence of his worst-case contingency plan. In addition, in past workshops, the entire group has usually been able to double the number of things you need to plan for to prevent disaster. What’s it worth to you to save six months in planning time? Well, that’s one of the key benefits of this workshop.
“I came to learn/confirm a valuable foundation/blueprint for becoming the best trader I can be. I got that and more. Good sharing of ideas with other attendees. The purpose of existence discussion was an enriching experience that I valued highly. Thank you.”
— Paul Beattie, Canada, Past Attendee
We’ll show you a formula that will allow you to compare your system with any other system in the world and rank that system. Thus, you’ll know whether you have a weak, average, good, excellent, or superb system. This is new information that we’ve just introduced into our curriculum, and you’ll learn it here.
Would you like to know a simple way to get to know your system well without a lot of costs? Using this method, you’ll be able to understand if your backtesting was accurate. We’ll cover this on day two of the course.
You’ll have worksheets from which to write your business plan and a structure through which you can develop three systems to fit the big picture. It’s a lot of information, but think how you’ll feel when you understand and have all of this key information at your fingertips!
Who Knows What You Want Better Than You?
Here are just a few of the exercises we’ll be covering in the critical self-assessment portion of the workshop:
- Learn your personality type and how it impacts trading.
- Learn about the most important attitude that you must have as a trader and assess yourself on it.
- Learn about your beliefs and values and how to assess yourself.
- Go through worksheets to assess your key issues so that you know what could happen that might really interfere with your trading.
"I think the outline of the course itself is extremely helpful. It does give me a blueprint of what needs to be done. I have a really good idea not only of all the work I have to do but the order to do it in." — Ed Reardon, IL
One of these steps will separate you from other traders and launch you toward top trader status.
This step alone will leave such powerful tools at your disposal that you’ll wonder why you never thought of doing these things before. You will be guided through each of these suggestions on a step-by-step basis to show you what you need to do at home. And if you take home at least three of these with the commitment to really doing them, you’ll be unstoppable.
“A seminar that covers an enormous range of topics, but all were covered adequately. Very much appreciated Day 3—this was surprising to me as to just how critically important this is. The opportunity to learn this in a “laboratory” environment was terrific: I can’t imagine that my work on PPC [Peak Performance Course] would be the same (I’ll start it later this year) without this seminar. I suspect that I will look back at this seminar as a pivotal career moment (but I suspected this beforehand…)”
— Forrest Ciesol, La Jolla, CA
You’ll learn how to develop a top-down approach to discipline. You’ll get worksheets to begin this process and exercises to complete so that you can apply what you’ve learned as soon as you return home. Few traders have the kind of discipline we’ll be teaching, but you’ll leave the workshop with all the tools you need to apply and use this strategy. And if you combine top-down discipline with regular self-work, you’ll be amazed at the difference in your trading.
“My self-discipline had been slipping for trading and with it was going my drive. This course delivered the structure for getting back on track. Thank you.” — Richard Fotiades, Port Jefferson, NY
Learning and studying are very important factors in any endeavor; however, the only true way to be successful as a trader is to take action. Get in there and learn from your experiences. If you are truly dedicated to being a successful trader, then after this workshop you will have all the tools that you need to set yourself up to win!
We’ll finish this workshop with a review of all of the steps, and you’ll get a chance to start developing your plan to put everything into action when you return home.
What You Can Expect:
When you leave this workshop you’ll have:
- Completed worksheets so that you can develop your own trading business plan. And when you leave, trading won’t just be a hobby for you. You’ll have the core of your new plan to turn it into a professional business. We find that less than 5% of all traders and investors have a business plan to guide their trading. But when you leave this workshop, you’ll have everything you need to join them. Imagine what a boost that will be for your trading.
“Challenging and very helpful. The best part was the complete structured program for becoming a great trader, around which the workshop is based, and the 52 exercises and worksheets that we are taking home. I really feel that I have what I need to continue this work at home in the upcoming months.” — Daniel Fylstra, Incline Village, NV
- You’ll also have the logic worked out for how to develop at least one new trading system designed for your personality. It comes from the intersection of three sets of beliefs that you have, and we'll show you exactly what to do. You’ll have worksheets completed on the major steps involved in developing a great trading system. When you get home, all you’ll need to do is put the steps into practice. Most people fill their heads with all the details of various trading systems and never even begin to develop a sound system. However, when you finish day two, you’ll have a broad overview of exactly what you’ll need to do. Perhaps for the first time, you’ll be able to see the whole forest, instead of just the trees. You’ll have the structure of what you need to do. How do you think you’ll feel when you have that in place?
- And lastly, you’ll have a daily procedure worked out to improve the most important factor in your trading—you. You’ll have three daily routines in three distinct areas that, if you put them into practice, will make you a better, happier, and more effective trader. In addition, we’ll help you develop the structure for a top-down approach to discipline, which I believe is the key to your success. What you’ll have in place are critical advantages that few other traders have. And this will not only improve your trading; it will improve your entire life. And isn’t that what you really want?
“... I thought the course was very well-organized and delivered. I especially liked the ordering of the material as it followed the sequential steps necessary to become a great trader. The course content will provide an excellent resource, not only in finishing my business plan but also in keeping me on track in the future. I thoroughly enjoyed it and found the content very useful. I actually feel like I’ve come away with a complete “blueprint” I can use to make sure I’m doing all the necessary steps to become and maintain myself as a great trader. It will be very useful in finalizing my business plan.” — Rick Freeman, Dublin, CA
Who Will Benefit From Taking This Workshop:
This course best suited for someone who is:
- Interested in taking their trading to the next level by understanding how psychology affects their trading results.
- Interested in thoroughly understanding what trading systems are and how they allow position sizing strategies to help meet their objectives.
- Interested in learning how to integrate their psychology, systems, position sizing strategies, and the big picture, etc. into a comprehensive business plan.
Three kinds of people who will want to attend the new streaming format:
- People who will commit maybe 10 hours a week to writing their plan during the workshop with the intention of having a complete/nearly complete trading business plan by the end of March.
- People who can commit a few hours per week to develop a very strong outline during the workshop that they can then continue working on and finish a few months after the workshop finishes.
- People who can attend the workshop sessions each week with the idea of evaluating starting a trading business or with the intention of writing a complete business plan sometime in the future.
Who might not find great value in this workshop:
- A trader with consistent profitability for several years or longer.
- A trader with a well-developed business trading plan of 100 pages or longer.
We can not stress how important this workshop can be for successful trading. The workshop could quickly pay for itself in preventing one loss you may have otherwise taken or from the profits of one new idea. More importantly, what you learn from this workshop will benefit you for a lifetime. If you are not sure if it is for you, feel free to call or email us, and we will be happy to help you decide.
We are at 919-466-0043 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Workshops By Month||January, February, March|
|Workshops By Location||Live-Streaming|
The Van Tharp Institute totally guarantees that you will be delighted with this workshop. In fact, we will take all of the risks ourselves. If you are not satisfied after the first day of the workshop, you may request a full refund before the start of day two.
Q: I am interested in participating in the Blueprint for Trading Success Workshop. How does it compare to the course "How to Develop a Winning Trading System"?
A: How to Develop a Winning Trading System focuses on creating a trading system, while Blueprint for Trading Success expands on this by creating a business plan, which includes having the logic worked out for how to develop at least one new trading system designed for your personality. More specifically, in How to Develop a Winning Trading System you will learn the key components of a trading system (there are more than most people realize), how and why they are needed, and how to use position sizing to help you fulfill your trading objectives. And, in Blueprint for Trading Success, you will walk away from this workshop with a business plan outline and an understanding of why you want to trade, how you want to trade, the specific steps that you need to take to create a winning trading plan that works in any market condition and what type of trading systems you want to incorporate into your plan. You’ll also learn some of the key things that you need to personally master in order to be successful. You will learn how expectancy, position sizing strategies, R-multiples, objectives, the big picture and other Tharp concepts fit together. After this workshop, you will know where you need to delve next to increase your profits and success in the markets.