Imagine sitting in your office and seeing a chart like this develop…
|Consider These Questions |
Whatever time frame you trade, are you having feelings of uncertainty, frustration, or annoyance?
Are you hoping for a bigger change in trend or volatility?
Do you have a need to make something happen?
Are your stress levels increasing, making it even more difficult?
How about your systems…
Are you sure that they are the right choice for this market type ?
Are they performing as expected in this whipsaw action?
How about during periods of extremely low volatility?
If not, do you have specific systems designed for this unique market type?
Engineered to perform extremely well in this environment?
Easing both your stress and uncertainty, all while delivering consistent R?
|Understand What You Are Looking At
For most of you reading this, you understand the methods and concepts of trading trending markets, whether a Bull or a Bear. Teaching the useful beliefs, mindsets, and strategies of great traders to others has been the main goal of the Van Tharp Institute for 35 years.
With that said, take a look at this diagram…
As you can see, there are a number of ways this market could develop.
It could stay a Bull after going Sideways a while, or it could go full-on Bear before turning Sideways again.
The key here is the amount of time markets spend going nowhere…
No matter what time frame you trade or what method you use to measure them, Sideways markets happen between 59% and 65% of the time!
And even though they appear a majority of the time, Sideways markets are rarely discussed, even in professional trading circles.
There are a number of valid possibilities, including:
- They can be hard to recognize, making it difficult to enter and exit effectively
- They usually don’t offer large R multiples-think more singles and doubles
- They demand a completely different mindset to trade well
- They are considered the “Rodney Dangerfield” of markets, and do not get the respect they deserve
- They require an extraordinary level of commitment to develop winning systems
With these various beliefs about Sideways markets and the scant attention given to them in general, you are not likely to learn the specific techniques and skillsets needed to trade this market type from a position of strength and confidence. When you encounter them (and you will between 59% and 65% of the time) the task of trading becomes much more challenging, stressing your systems and your psychology beyond your normal comfort zone.
|Success is Possible in Sideways Markets
We know you have choices when it comes to learning how to trade the markets. Information, both good and bad is online and readily available.
But we believe we can offer you much more than just information…
Like an opportunity to work with a genuine leader… a true mentor.
Someone who offers to:
- Easily explain the market cycle and what to monitor in terms of the Big Picture, giving you a distinct edge
- Work directly with you to develop a sideways market trading plan for your time-frame
- Provide you with various strategies so that you can trade this market type with confidence
- Commit to working with you after the workshop to ensure you success
At VTI, we had been looking for someone to take up the challenge of teaching these specific market methods, including the unique mental states, beliefs, and strategies necessary to successfully trade Sideways markets.
The best traders and investors, including those from past Super Trader classes, understood what a large undertaking it was to develop the techniques needed to effectively trade this market type successfully.
What was required was someone with a high level of dedication…
Who possessed a true commitment to the process…
And a passion for teaching.
We needed someone uniquely qualified and someone who was ready to dedicate themselves to this complex task…
And now we've found her....
Introducing Kim Andersson.
|Back to the Top
|Your Guide to Sideways Markets
Kim is a 2015 Super Trader Graduate from VTI. Before she completed her studies with us, she had earned a Masters in Systems Engineering - which is no small feat! She has also served as an IT systems and enterprise architecture consultant to the Pentagon, while also performing her duties with the Canadian Air Force.
She currently works as a Cyber Security Engineer at Lockheed Martin/Leidos and trades her systems part-time, finding a work/life balance that works for her and her family.
With over 1,850 trades completed, Kim has the solutions AND THE EXPERIENCE to lead you in a Sideways Market.
She has put in a tremendous amount of work and effort in to bringing this unique training out into the open. Originally designed with our Super Traders in mind, Kim and I decided to develop this material so that all traders or investors could come to the workshop and take home this critical information on this underappreciated market type.
This means that enrollment is limited as many seats will be filled with students from our elite Super Trader program.
If you think you are ready for a fast-paced, hands-on event hosted by an instructor, 100% dedicated to teaching you how to effectively trade Sideways markets, make plans to join us this August 11th-13th and register today.
Register soon for the best discounts and secure your seat in the class.
|What Kim Will Share With You...
Beginning on day 1, Kim will take you on a deep dive into the concepts of trading Sideways markets, including:
- What they are and when they are likely to occur in the Market Cycle
- How this market type can be dangerous for all time frames –especially day-traders
- Learn multiple ways to measure market type and the best one for you
- Why a single ‘holy grail” system for all markets is insane
- How to choose a sideways system to trade based on market volatility
- The secret to using options to hedge, speculate, and generate income in this market
- What useful beliefs you MUST have to successfully trade Sideways markets
- Learn what volatility is like over 70% of the time in this particular sideways market type
- Understand the impact that changes in volatility and interest rates have on your options values
On day 2, Kim will spend the entire day getting into all of the systems and strategies you need to take advantage of sideways markets, from cash alternatives to advanced options techniques.
- Discover Kim’s Strategic System Chart to tell you EXACTLY when to use a specific system, given volatility and time-frame traded (Absolute Gold!)
- Learn how to use volatility targeting to outperform the markets with significantly less draw-down
- How a 4+SQN day trading system can work for you in quiet sideways markets
- The secret to using options spreads- take advantage of big moves in either direction with minimal risk
- Learn a simple long-term system that can confirm a bear market
- How to immunize your portfolio from every market type with 4 uniquely different strategies
- Discover 5 different risk management techniques for options and the best one for you
- How you can effectively use various market-neutral ETFs to safely grow your assets
- Learn a basic sideways system that has outperformed the SP500 by 7 to 1
- Why sitting out the first 30 min of trading can give you a decisive edge
- Why the best systems fail and WHAT MATTERS MOST when they do
Finally- on day 3, you will put into practice what you have learned and trade intraday in a simulated environment, so you can:
- Execute your own trades in both Sideways quiet and Sideways volatile markets
- Understand how your own psychology works in this market type
- Learn how to adapt and succeed in Sideways markets.
Kim will also cover how you can make a career out of trading the markets, including:
- Why creating structure in your trading business is key – see Kim’s checklists
- Why support networks are important to you beyond just trading
- Discover how a systems engineer creates a system from scratch - see Kim’s own development chart
- Why caring for yourself gives you a true edge over other traders in ALL timeframes
- Master the top 25 lessons that most traders learn the hard way
- Why objectives should consist of more than just risk and return
- The secret to becoming unconsciously competent and why it matters
- How to use Mark Cuban’s 12 Rules for Start-ups in your trading business
- How great traders ensure victory with the concepts of Tharp Think
- Why NOT defining each of the 11 parts of your system leads to guaranteed failure
- Why this Van Tharp secret is the “linchpin” to your trading success
As a Super Trader graduate, Kim knows and understands that if you adopt the beliefs, mental states, and strategies of exceptional traders, you can achieve similar exceptional results.
By registering today, you have the opportunity to join a small group of fellow traders, including those in my Super Trader program, and get everything you need to succeed in this misunderstood market type. Be prepared to put into practice what you will learn… you will not be disappointed.
- Assist with your sideways market preparation:
- Provide you with tools to trade a sideways market with confidence
- Allow you to begin (or continue) to develop a sideways market trading plan that fits you
- Be in a position to profit from sideways markets
Overall Workshop Objectives:
- Learn methods to identify and define sideways markets
- Understand what causes market cycles and what to monitor in terms of the big picture
- The importance of market psychology in sideways markets
- Provide an introduction to options - a very useful tool in sideways markets
- Provide an introduction to hedging techniques and strategies
- Learn several strategies & systems for sideways markets (three different timeframes in sideways quiet and sideways volatile)
- Applying Tharp Think to sideways markets trading including:
- Learn about the psychology (self) of trading in sideways markets
- The importance of setting objectives
- System development plan/process
- Outline your next steps to develop your plan for trading sideways markets
- Network with other traders during and after the workshop
- Set up personal accountability / inspiration
Register soon for the best discounts and secure your seat in the class.
|Q and A With Your Instructor, Kim Andersson
Q: How many systems and what kinds of strategies will we be learning?
A: I will teach 5 different day trading systems, as well as a version of Ken Long’s channeling system. We will also cover various options strategies including calendar spreads, condors, butterflies, strangles, and straddles. For long-term investors and investment accounts, we will cover 4 different systems designed for all market types.
Q: What is the expectancy of the systems?
A: I prefer to use SQN (System Quality Number) when quantifying my system performance, because it takes into consideration the standard deviation of the results. Results for a few of the systems that will be covered in the sideways workshop are as follows: Bounce has an SQN of 4.6, ARLS has an SQN of 3.9, RSI2: 3.5, Z3PO: 3.3, Kirk’s Fake Out system: 2.9, and Ken’s Channeling system: 4.3.
Q: What is the required capital needed to trade these systems?
A: It depends greatly on the system you want to trade. If you plan to day trade equities within the US, you need a minimum of $25K but preferably at least $50K. For the longer term and swing trading systems you can get away with a much smaller account; however, lack of diversification and under capitalization become an issue for smaller accounts. I include a couple of great longer-term systems in this workshop that provide built-in diversification, so someone with a small account would not need to worry about those issues.
Q: What markets can the systems be traded in?
A: The systems are designed for equity indices, ETFs, Forex, and individual stocks
Q: What is the minimum risk required per trade?
A: That is entirely up to the individual trader; however, I do not ever risk more than 0.5% of my total equity per position on my day trades and never over 1% per position for swing trades. And I don't recommend more than 10% portfolio heat at any given time. For anyone who is new to trading, I recommend starting out with paper trading and then moving the risk up slowly to no more than 1% of total equity over several months or even years. I will teach a position sizing technique that ensures that you will never blow up your account, which is particularly important when learning how to trade.
Q: How much trading experience should I have before attending?
A: Attendees at this workshop should understand the various uses of market, stop, and limit orders. Without some previous trading experience, you could be frustrated by the pace of the course and likely unable to realize the full value of the workshop. Options experience, while helpful, is not necessary. I will cover the basic concepts in the workshop.
|YOUR SATISFACTION IS 100% GUARANTEED
The team and I here at VTI believe that our clients are the most valuable asset we have.
As such, we want to exceed your expectations with our unconditional 100% guarantee.
Learn about the markets, meet fellow traders and investors, and interact with Kim about your goals.
If you are not completely satisfied with our workshop by NOON on the second day, you can request a full refund, no questions asked.
Just return you workshop notebook to a staff member and we will happily refund your workshop fee.
We gladly take this risk at almost every workshop we offer, believing that the value we give you far exceeds the cost for you to be here.
With your registration today, you can begin the process of adopting the successful mental states, strategies, and beliefs necessary to trade sideways markets. With Kim’s commitment to teaching, you will come away with the tools you need to trade this market and achieve the results you are striving for.
Register soon for the best discounts and secure your seat in the class.
Get Post-Workshop Instructor Support For the Rest of 2017!
As a Bonus, Kim has agreed to provide additional support to all attendees for the remainder of 2017
with four monthly calls (1 hour each), as well as ongoing email support.
She will offer her feedback and expert guidance for any trading
issues you may have for the rest of 2017.
Don’t Delay — Take Advantage of the “Early Bird” Deal Before It Ends!
We know you are going to get incredible value out of attending this workshop.
Normally, full-price tuition for our technical-based workshops is $3,995. If you are ready right now to enroll and learn about the elusive qualities of the Sideways market, you will save $700…bringing your educational investment to just $ 3,295.
it is ultimately up to you to decide if this workshop is right for you, so you can add another tool to your trading tool belt. But I CAN make the decision as easy and risk-free as possible for you. I hope our discount offer helps you to join us this August.
Here's How to Get an Extra 15% Discount
For students who are also attending The Forex Trading System Workshop just before the Sideways workshop, I’m prepared to offer an even better incentive than I typically do to make sure that you do!
(Note the optional two days of live day trading are not included in the combo price).
We're always happy to offer a combo discount for students who are able to enroll in more than one course back-to-back. For this unique workshop series, we are offering an even more lucrative discount when you attend both workshops. Typically, you'd qualify for a combined $600 discount when attending two workshops.
But for a limited time, you will save $1,000 by attending both.
You have a unique opportunity right now to invest in yourself, AND do it at a low price!
When you register now, you’ll not only save $700 off your registration using the early enrollment discount ($1,600 if attending both August workshops)…
- You will have locked-in a seat for yourself at this limited engagement workshop… guaranteeing yourself an immersive, top-notch learning experience from one of Van’s most talented Super Trader grads.
- You’ll get 4 monthly post-workshop calls as well as email access to Kim for the remainder of 2017.
- Most of all, you will head home knowing you have all the tools you need to trade Sideways markets with confidence.
I believe this Sideways Market Workshop could be the most important market type technical workshop we have ever put together. With Kim mentoring you, giving you the guidance you need both during and after the event, you are bound to get the tools you need to achieve the results you deserve.
I look forward to seeing you in Cary, NC this August.
To your success,
Dr. Van Tharp
P.S. Remember- the extra combo discount of $1,000 is for a limited time. Make plans now to join us August 2018. Limited seating is available.
|Back to the Top